Ben Axelrod and I are doing a podcast for WKYC in Cleveland called the 3 Sports Podcast. Before recording our latest game preview for the Browns against the Colts, I grabbed Ben to talk about the evolving sports media in 2017.
- Aggregation and whether it’s here to stay
- Relying on third-party platforms like Facebook, Google, Twitter, and others for traffic and audience
- Shifting to video
- How to be relevant in sports media in an era of team-run media outlets and the Player’s Tribune
- Long-form, columns, and opinion vs. news hits
- Ben discusses the process of writing his first book on Urban Meyer
- What it’s like to be at a book signing