Cleveland Browns Film Room: A look at Christian Kirksey

11 Comments

1. mgbode says:

Pre-draft Mike Pettine said he is specifically looking for LBers who:
    I’d rather have smaller guys who are faster, and the best place that usually shows up as your linebacking corp. You look for guys who can run and hit guys and go sideline-to-sideline.

As such, I suspected that we had Shazier pretty high on our board, but Pitt took him earlier than many anticipated (Kirksey is basically a lesser Shazier). In addition, whoever they take with this type of speed will need to be able to play 4-3 WOLB in a hybrid front, which fits as well.

It will be interesting to see if Kirksey can be utilized like Daryl Washington was in Arizona. Dansby really needs a fast guy by his side to really complement him. Kirksey could be that guy, but you brought up a bunch of the reasons that he might not be (at least right away).

2. nj0 says:

Looks like the 4th GIF down is not the right one.

3. nj0 says:

Based on what Pettine said about his defense in the recent SI/MMQB article, Kirksey seems like a perfect personnel fit.

4. Colin Hass-Hill says:

Thanks for the heads up.

5. RGB says:

Don’t listen to him, Christian.
    You can Do This!!

6. Having watched Craig Robertson get picked on week after week in the passing game, I’m perfectly fine giving up a bit in the way of run-stuffing for an upgrade in coverage. Looking forward to watching this kid.

7. The_Matt_Of_Akron says:

If you give us the ball back now, that’ll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don’t, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will sack you.

8. mgbode says:

Charlton Heston alternate ending: But, if you don’t, I will pry that football from your dead, cold hands.

9. Harv 21 says:

Great stuff, Colin.

10. Colin Hass-Hill says:

Thanks a bunch Harv

11. bossman09 says:

we need big guys that can run and little guys that can hit…