Hey, did you hear the Cleveland Browns hired Gregg Williams to be their next defensive coordinator? We gave you our thoughts over the last several days, but for the podcast, we turn to a man who played under Williams during his days in Washington in safety Matt Bowen.
Bowen was a four-year letter winner with the Iowa Hawkeyes before heading to the NFL as a defensive back. Following his playing days, Bowen swapped his cleats for a pen a pad as he is now a journalist covering the NFL for ESPN.
Among the items discussed:
- What can Browns fans expect from a Gregg Williams-led defense?
- What was it like playing under a man who demands accountability?
- What sort of impact will Williams have on both young players and veterans?
- How important is the scheme change?
- What sort of players can the Browns add in the NFL Draft to make Williams’ defense more successful?
You will want to read Matt’s story on Williams for Bleacher Report here. He can be followed on Twitter at @MattBowen41 and his ESPN archive can be found here. Big thank you to Matt for giving us his time. We hope you enjoy this one as much as we did.