Hey thanks, Mother Nature! Thanks to snow flurries and temperatures in the 30s, the Cleveland Indians Home Opener has officially been postponed and rescheduled for Tuesday, April 5 at 1:10 p.m.
This is all well and good, but what about those of us with tickets? For starters: We’re sorry you just spent $40 on parking. That sucks, and I’m sure this won’t be refunded. Regarding the game, however, you have options. Following the initial announcement where fans had a small list of choices, the team, in its ever-reactive ways, added an expanded accommodation to those impacted by the postponing.
If you can attend the rescheduled Home Opener, awesome. You get to do so in addition to the game of your choice in the months of April or May.
Those fans who cannot attend Tuesday’s rescheduled Opener, however, can choose any two games in the months of Aprl and may. Those games include the following promotional nights, two of which have been added to the original list disseminated to fans during the initial announcement.
· Friday, May 13 vs. Minnesota: Sugardale Dollar Dog Night
· Tuesday, May 17 vs. Cincinnati: Carlos Carrasco jersey courtesy of Shearer’s
· Friday, May 27 vs. Baltimore: Dollar Dog Night, Fireworks, Pregame in the District, Block Party
· Saturday, May 28 vs. Baltimore: Corey Kluber Midnight Navy jersey courtesy of Discount Drug Mart, Block Party
Small wrinkle, however. As the team attempts to limit the use of third-party vendors, tickets purchased through StubHub and the like are valid for the April 5 game only and are not extended additional exchange opportunities. Suites, Groups and Infiniti Club patrons will be contacted individually by a member of the Cleveland Indians.
Fans with Home Opener tickets who can make it, gates will open at 11 a.m. The following pregame elements will alsoreturn for Tuesday’s game:
• Black Keys drummer Patrick Carney first pitch
• William Clarence Marshall national anthem
• #OnlyHere moments celebration with Sandy Alomar
• Military color guard presentation
• SportsTime Ohio live pregame show from The Corner
• Tricky Dick and the Cover Ups from Block Party in Right Field District
Fans are encouraged to visit Indians.com/ScheduleChanges for information on how to exchange their tickets; that process will be based on how fans originally purchased seats.
Tuesday’s game will be broadcast on SportsTime Ohio, WKYC, WTAM 1100, WMMS 100.7 FM and the Indians Radio Network.